One True Loves by Taylor Jenkins Reid
One True Loves major motion picture available for rental or purchase
Why We Made This Selection and Background Knowledge
Claire: none other than knowing it was popular in the #bookstagram community.
Julie: Almost nothing, just that it was a TJR book.
Overall Opinion of the Book
Claire: I absolutely loved it! Definitely a favorite of the year so far.
Julie: I actually really liked the book. The descriptions of grief really rang true for me.
If I had one complaint about it, it would be that they acknowledged the reality of their feelings and acted rationally way too quickly. In real life, I think what played out over a long weekend would have been more likely to play out over a couple of years.
Overall Opinion of the Movie
Claire: This was worse than the cheesiest of Hallmark movies.
Julie: It felt real low budget and the acting was not good. Felt like a Hallmark or soap opera level. The music and the editing were terrible.
Before you say which you liked better, did you read the book or listen to the audiobook… because it matters.
Claire: I listened. Julia Whelan is the queen of audiobooks!
Julie: I read it in paperback
Which was better?
Claire: the book
Julie: the book
- Was the outcome the same in both the show and the book? Yes
- Was the main character/primary narrator the same in the show and the book? Yes
- Was the primary conflict the same in the show and the book? Yes
- Would you read the book again or recommend it to a friend? Yes
- Would you watch the show/movie again or recommend it to a friend? No!!!!
Overall rating: 4/5