Queen Charlotte, a Bridgerton Story limited series on Netflix
Why We Made This Selection and Background Knowledge
Claire: Been following this project since it was announced. Kept somewhat up on the production news and BTS pics and stories. Somewhat disappointed that the show was released before the book.
Julie: Same, and agree.
Overall Opinion of the Book
Claire: I thought it was great.
Julie: It was great. I forgot how much better of a writer Julia Quinn is than most other romance writers.
Overall Opinion of the Show
Claire: It was good. I don’t really know how I feel about all the flash forwards with Charlotte and George’s children and making an heir, but I think I kind of understand why it was there.
Julie: Young Lady Danbury really stole the show. Overall I liked it but some episodes were slow. (Particularly episode 5)
Before you say which you liked better, did you read the book or listen to the audiobook… because it matters.
Claire: Listened. Narrated by Natalie Simpson. Not the same person who narrated the Bridgerton books. I feel like she gave the book the difference it needed compared to the Bridgerton books. Great narrator.
Julie: I read it on Kindle
Which was better?
Julie: The book
Claire: The book
- Was the outcome the same in both the show and the book? Yes
- Was the main character/primary narrator the same in the show and the book? Yes
- Was the primary conflict the same in the show and the book? Yes
- Would you read the book again or recommend it to a friend? Yes
- Would you watch the show/movie again or recommend it to a friend? Yes
Overall rating: 5/5