The 10 Most “Unpopular” Social Media Posts and Personalities


Is it just me or are you finding that there is a lot of stuff being posted on social media that should be, let’s say, not be?

What drives you to post something on social media? Do you post pictures of your kids, what you do during the day, or do you use it as an outlet to vent? Face it, we all may have said and done things on social media that may not have been the best choice at that time, but I feel like I am doing a lot of “unfollowing” these days.

Curiosity got the best of me and I wanted to know if I am the only one? After a poll from a couple of groups of green mountain mommas, here is what I found out were the top 10 most popular of the “unpopular” social media personalities and posts. As well as what some of you had to say about them (and yes, I am guilty of many of them)!



1. The Foodie

You love your food so much that you take a picture of it. It doesn’t matter if you are at a 5 star restaurant or just made yourself some Kraft Macaroni and Cheese. You love it, you post it, and you want us to love it to. Unfortunately it just isn’t doing anything for most of us but wishing it was off of our news feed.

Mac and cheese

2. The Teenage Talker

OMG. Like lol, that is so fetch. ROFL! FML. By the time you are old enough to have children you should probably stop talking like one. Full sentences and grammar are something we actually want to read!

3. The Vague Post

I will admit that this is one that gets me. The “I can’t believe this is happening” or “this is the hardest thing I have ever done” kind of post. These typically are there to solicit some sort of response. About 90% of your friends will ignore it and the other 10% also do these kinds of posts so they will ask what is going on. Please, for the love of god, stop.

crossfit, fitness, working out

4. The Fitness Guru

Wait, you did crossfit again today and you are going to run 19 miles. Just like yesterday? You are awesome. I am jealous. Moving on.

5. The Passive Aggressive Post

This is the person that posts a negative status update about someone but leaves the rest of us trying to guess who it is about. For example, “If you have something to say to me, say it to my face and not behind my back”. You know who you are writing about, you know that person is going to see it, how about doing the mature thing and having a conversation off social media?

6. The Mom Shamer

We have a baby and all of a sudden we are an expert. We are now given the right to tell everyone else what they are doing wrong with their child and how you know best. You throw out advice like it’s your job. After all, everyone else is wrong. Right?

7. The Over Sharer

Seven minutes ago you went to the bathroom, showered, and brushed your teeth. At exactly 1:43 pm you will leave your home to go to the post office, pick up your kids, and go grocery shopping. This person may also be guilty of taking 3-5 selfies per day (bleh).  You are making this far too easy for anyone who would ever want to break into your home or stalk you.

Leave it to Beaver, Cleaver Family

8. The “Perfect” Post

You have taken about 20 pictures of your children to get one that is “just right” before sharing on social media. You make sure your house is spotless before taking a picture and you only tell about the perfect things in life. You want so badly to be just like June Cleaver.  Behind the scenes we know the truth, you’re a mess just like the rest of us!

9. The Negative Nancy

Nothing ever goes your way and life is horrible. You use social media as a means to vent, about everything, even things that are technically your own fault. I bet you’re probably going to complain about this blog.

10. The Political Poster

You weigh in on every topic that has anything to do with politics or legal issues. You loathe Obamacare and want us all to know exactly why our nation is falling apart. You can probably recite the preamble to the Declaration of Independence and you quote the Constitution often. You are cluttering up our news feeds with political propaganda and have gotten yourself “unfollowed” by half of your friends.

The one great thing about social media is that at any time we can choose to follow or unfollow what our friends post. People can post whatever they choose, but you have the choice to see it or not.

What type of social media posts would you like to never see again?



Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here