Mr. Malcom’s List on Prime Video
Why We Made this Selection and Background Knowledge
Julie: Seemed like both the book and the movie might have a Bridgerton vibe, so I was curious.
Claire: No knowledge other than seeing it popping up on social media a lot.
Before you say which you liked better, did you read the book or listen to the audiobook… because it matters.
Overall Opinion of the Book
Julie: Easy read. Almost feels like a YA. Gives away a little too much and maybe a little predictable.
Claire: The book wasn’t bad. It wasn’t great either.
Overall Opinion of the Show
Julie: Cute. I like how they showed the items being checked off the list. I thought the whole movie would be lighter/more of a comedy. Reading the book I was imagining certain scenes to be a bit more over the top, physical comedy and it fell short a bit. I also don’t know if the chemistry between Malcolm and Selina was palpable.
Claire: The movie was okay. Probably not something I’d watch again.
Which was better, the Book or the Movie?
Julie: The Book
Claire: The Book
- Was the outcome the same in both the show and the book? Yes
- Was the main character/primary narrator the same in the show and the book? Yes
- Was the primary conflict the same in the show and the book? Yes
- Would you read the book again or recommend it to a friend? Julie – No, Claire – Yes
- Would you watch the show/movie again or recommend it to a friend? No
Overall rating: Claire – 4/5, Julie – 3/5