Here are some of topic picks for family activities this weekend…
Friday, December 5, 2014 to Sunday, December 7, 2014
Vermont International Festival
This festival held at the Champlain Valley Expo showcases the diversity of Vermont with arts, crafts, food, dance and musical performances representing cultures from all over the world. Over fifty vendors sell reasonably-priced, unique, imported handcrafts including clothing, accessories, pottery, wall-hangings, rugs, holiday decorations, instruments, sculptures, carvings and jewelry. Delicious and affordable ethnic food is available, including African, Pakistani, Mexican, Indian, Chinese, Bosnian, Eastern & Western European, Colombian, and Middle Eastern. Throughout the weekend, there will be non-stop multi-cultural music and dance.
Friday is Children’s Day, when busloads of children from all over Vermont experience firsthand the excitement of having a passport stamped by all of the countries represented at this celebration of the arts.
Cost: $7 adults | $5 children 6-12 years old | $5 seniors (65+) | $20 family pass | children under 6 FREE. Admission is good for the full weekend.
For More Information: https://vermontmoms.com/event/vermont-international-festival/
Saturday, December 6, 2014
Winter’s Eve @ Ethan Allen Homestead
Come Calling on Ethan and Fanny Allen, as we re-create a winter’s evening at the Homestead! Start your experience in our Education Center, where you can learn some 18th Century dances, learn to write with quill and ink, make 18th Century Toys, or try on some 18th century clothing for a photo opportunity!
At 6:00 p.m. you will get to witness the Green Mountain Boys elect and commission a new officer! Then take a tour of Ethan Allen’s Homestead where you can meet Ethan, Fanny, and some of their children.
Cost: Free for Children under 6 | $4 Children 6-12 | $6 Seniors and Vermonter | $8 Adults
For More Information: https://vermontmoms.com/event/winters-eve-ethan-allen-homestead/
Sunday, December 7, 2014
Ri Ra’s Santa 5K Run and Walk
Vermont’s 1st and Only All Santa Race
- All participants receive a full Santa suit and a great Irish breakfast after the race at Ri Ra Irish pub.
- This 5K run is in historic Burlington, Vermont, a scenic route starting on Church Street.\
- Awards will be in 5 year age increments plus overall male/female.
- All race participants will receive a Santa suit that must be worn during the event. It will consists of a beard, hat, jacket, pants and belt.
- The Santa suit comes in a size for men, women and youth.
- Ladies and gentlemen if you are under 5′ 4″ and 150 pounds order a youth’s santa suit. Santa suits are big.
- Please remember that all participant must wear the full santa suit. Any runner not wearing the santa suit will be taken off the course with no refund.
The 2014 RiRa NEFCU Santa 5K Run is a proud supporter of Camp Ta-Kum-Ta, a year-round camp for kids with cancer.
Cost: $45/$50 to run in the race | Free to watch!
For More Information: https://vermontmoms.com/event/ri-ras-santa-5k-run-and-walk/