Here are some of our favorite events taking place this weekend…
Saturday, February 28, 2015
Ben & Jerry’s Winter Festival
Gather friends & family, put on an extra layer and come join the fun at Ben & Jerry’s from 11 am to 4 pm. Elements of this free outdoor festival include:
- 2015 flavor samples
- DJ spinning tunes and offering plenty of give-aways
- Outdoor games
- Sugar on Snow-including dill pickles!
- Free factory tours all day serving Waterbury exclusive sample
- Gift shop super sale
- Girl Scout cookie sale table
- Snow sculptures
- Book signing-Brad Edmondson author of Ice Cream Social
- Local Mascots-including Champ, Skip the Moose, Bob the Bobber and our very own Mooky the Cow
- Local sample offerings from: Cabot Cheese, Laughing Moon Chocolates, Fat Toad Farms and Vermont Smoke & Cure.
- Umiak Outfitters guided snow shoe tours (fee)
- VINS Live Bird on Glove program educator 1:00-3:30
Cost: Free – Collecting cash and nonperishable food donations for the Waterbury Food Shelf
For More Information: http://vermontmoms.com/event/ben-jerrys-winter-festival/
Mardi Gras Parade
The annual Mardi Gras Parade in downtown Burlington kicks off at 3:00. It will begin South Winooski and Main and end up at Battery St. Start lining the streets around 2:30 so you can get a great view of the parade of Mardi Gras floats as they roll down Main St. Get ready to grab your beads, moonpies and Lake Champlain Chocolates as they’re thrown from the floats!
SPECIAL VIEWING AREAS
Families with children under 10 years of age are welcome to catch the parade to from the Little Jambalaya Viewing Zone, located on the north side of Main St. between South Champlain and Battery Streets. For those with disabilities, there will be a special viewing zone at the intersection of Church and Main.
- 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM – Performers from the Bindlestiff Family Cirkus performs along Church Street and through City Hall Park
- 12:00 PM – 1:15 PM – Sambatucada performance in front of City Hall on Church Street and through City Hall Park
- 12:00 PM – 5:00 PM – Winter Bazaar
- 1:00 PM – 1:30 PM – The King & Queen of Mardi Gras Costume Contest on City Hall Park stage
- 1:30 PM – 2:30 PM – Grippo Funk Band performs on City Hall Park stage
- 1:45 PM – 2:45 PM – Performers from the Bindlestiff Family Cirkus performs along Church Street and through City Hall Park
- 2:00 PM – 2:30 PM – Sambatucada performance in front of City Hall on Church Street and through City Hall Park
- 2:30 PM – 2:45 PM – Main Street Closings Begin
- 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM – Mardi Gras Parade
- 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM – Grippo Funk Band performs on City Hall Park stage
For More Information: https://vermontmoms.com/event/mardi-gras-parade/
Sunday, March 1, 2015
Kids Eat Free @ Bluebird Barbecue
Kids menu items: pulled pork slider, mac & cheese, chicken tacos, chicken tenders.
About Bluebird Barbecue
Bluebird Barbecue serves up the real deal. You will find corn bread, chili, hot wings tamales, brisket, roast chicken, pulled pork, ribs, cole slaw, mac n’ cheese, apple sauce and more.
Cost: Kids Eat Free – one kids meal per adult platter.
For More Information: https://vermontmoms.com/event/kids-eat-free-bluebird-barbecue/